On 22 January 2018, the newly elected Queensland Cabinet will make a crucial decision in the fight to #StopAdani.
On that day, they will decide whether or not to veto a loan from the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) to a company called Aurizon to build a rail line for Adani's dirty coal mine.
Aurizon is a huge coal freighting company. They’ve applied for a massive taxpayer-funded loan to build the rail line for Adani. Premier Palaszczuk has vetoed the $1 billion loan to Adani, but not to Aurizon.
If Aurizon gets this loan, then Adani will be back on the front foot.
Here are some actions you can take to pressure the Queensland Cabinet to veto this taxpayer-funded loan to Aurizon to build Adani’s rail line:
1. Email Queensland Cabinet and share!
Once you've sent your email please share it with your friends and family, encouraging them to send it too and share it on your group's Facebook page.
2. Call Cabinet
Call one or more of the below three prominent Cabinet members - regularly, if you can manage it:
- (07) 3737 2100 - Premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk
- (07) 3724 9100 - Treasurer and Deputy Premier, Jackie Trad
- (07) 3554 8100 - Minister for Mines and Energy, Anthony Lynham
3. Organise an urgent meeting with Cabinet members
If you're too far from a Cabinet member, organise a meeting with your local MP.
Here are some useful resources for you to organise a meeting:
- Full list of Queensland Cabinet members
- Guide to asking for a meeting and more background information
- Template email for making a meeting request
[With thanks to the #StopAdani campaign for these suggestions and much of the text.]