We are pleased to continue our perennial favourite, the organic vegetable gardening workshop, in 2018. Rahamim's Sustainability Educator will bring her expertise in permaculture and organic gardening to support new and not-so-new gardeners eager to learn tips and tricks for gardening in the Bathurst climate - without chemicals and other nasties.
Cost: $50 ($25 with concession card) excl. GST - includes morning tea, handouts and a selection of seasonal seedlings
In this workshop you will learn:
- how to start and maintain an organic vegetable garden from scratch
- how to site the garden, by looking at the garden’s access to sun, water, soil and your attention.
- what makes a good garden bed, how and what to use for mulch, and how to source plants
- about companion planting and crop rotation to limit pest and disease load in your garden
- about the local climate and how to choose plants for the Bathurst area and access our local seasonal planting guide.
You will take home:
- A booklet to remind you of the details covered in the workshop,
- A selection of seedlings to get you started
- Some seeds collected from Rahamim to help you start your garden.
Bookings are essential and must be received by 5pm on 10 October 2018.
For more information, or to book your place, contact us.