How long should my film be?
Maximum length of films is 5 minutes. There is no minimum length, sometimes very short films have the most impact!
When is it due?
Submissions are due on Friday 27 October 2017. Make sure your file is exported as a playable movie and saved to a USB, on a web-based shared folder or uploaded to Youtube. Please ensure you have name, school and contact details on all entries.
Age Group Categories
Category A - 5-8 years of age
Category B - 9-12 years of age
Category C - 13-15 years of age
Category D - 16 - 18 years of age
When is the screening?
Shortlisted films from each category will be screened at a special event on Sunday 5 November 2017 at Rahamim Ecology Centre, Bathurst. More information will be supplied once entries have been received.
My class made a film for a school project. Can I submit that film to the festival?
Absolutely! We welcome films made by groups or a whole class.
What sort of film should I make?
You can make your film in any style or medium that suits you, as long as it fits within this year's theme 'Water Is Life'.
Moving, funny, or thought-provoking films that celebrate this year's theme will be shortlisted. Prizes will be awarded to the winner and runner-up in each category. For more details and guidelines visit the website.
It’s both a People’s Choice Award and a Juried Prize. The festival coordinators will make an initial short list of films to screen at the Festival screenings There will be a prize for the most popular film in each category as voted by the audience at the festival screening. All decisions will be final.
Registration and Entry Guidelines
- Registration and submission of the film must be completed by 5pm Friday 27 October 2017
- Your film must be no longer than 5 MINUTES (including titles and credits)
- Your film must in some way address the theme of Water is Life. We are leaving it up to you to decide what that means to you.
- You need to have read and understood all the terms and conditions. Please contact us if you have any questions. Submission of your film is an indication to us that you have signed off on all the terms and conditions.
Submitting Your Entry
- Complete the registration form and submit
- Upload your film (instructions will be emailed to you)
- Your entry will not be accepted if:
- You haven’t completed and submitted the registration form.
- Your film is over the 5 minute time limit (including titles and credits)
- Your entry is not in by 5pm Friday 25 August 2017.
- Your entry is in violation of any of the terms and conditions with particular reference to issues of copyright on all aspects of the production.
- Recommended Specs
- Please upload your film to us in the highest quality possible
- Video Format: H264, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 preferred
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (letterboxed if necessary)
- Resolution: 1920x1080 preferred
- Audio Format: MP3 or AAC preferred
- Frames per second: 25
- Maximum file size: 1.6 GB