Mercy Ministry Formation
As a ministry at the centre of the ecological effort of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG), and as members of the wider Mercy Mission Formation Network, Rahamim offers a range of formation programs and reflection days exploring our particular expression of Mercy for the Earth community.
Our formation programs are deeply grounded in the model for life and ministry of our founder Catherine McAuley, as well as the spiritual, biblical, theological and faith traditions that have given rise to our ministry.
From this foundation we see the need for Mercy in our times with new eyes, extending the circle of mercy wide to include the whole Earth community.
Specific areas for Mercy Formation at Rahamim incorporate elements of:
• The life and Ministry of Catherine McAuley
• Mercy in the Bible: Contemporary Mercy biblical scholarship
• The 8th Work of Mercy: Show Mercy to our Common Home (declared by Pope Francis in 2016)
• Revisiting the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy
• The spirituality of Catherine McAuley: Contemplative Spirit and Compassionate Heart. An introduction to contemplative practice and traditions of eco-spirituality
• Laudato Si’ and the challenges for Mercy today
• Mercy ‘Voices’: reflecting on contemporary Mercy theological perspectives
• Reflecting on our Mercy Values: how can our values extend Mercy to the whole community of life?