Risotto with pear and gorgonzola
3 cups vegetable stock
1 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
1 cup arborio rice
100g Gorgonzola cheese crumbled 1 ripe pear, cored and diced
Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Bring vegetable stock and white wine to a gentle boil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cover and reduce heat to very low. (I don't bother with being so fussy!)
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and sauté for 2 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add three cups of stock mixture to rice. Simmer uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring often. The risotto is done when the rice is tender but still firm to bite and risotto is creamy. Add more stock as necessary, and cook for longer as rice absorbs liquid.
4. Gently stir Gorgonzola and pear through the risotto and cook for one minute until cheese starts to melt and pear is heated through.
5. Serve garnished with grated Parmesan.