- 1 fresh cabbage
- 2 tablespoons rock salt (like pink Murray river salt)
- 4 bay leaves
- 10 juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Chop up the cabbage as finely as possible.
- Massage the salt into the cabbage in a big bowl for 10 mins. Liquid will come out of the cabbage which is good.
- Add the herbs/spices and mix in.
- Press firmly into glass jars, about an inch or so below the lid.
- Leave for 2 weeks in a dark cool place, putting something like a tray underneath the jars to collect any overflow of the liquid (normal for it to escape.)
- After the 2 weeks put into the fridge.