3-4 sheets puff pastry
Butter to grease pan
1x bunch of spinach, stems removed and finely sliced
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1 brown onion, diced
2 carrots grated
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
½ cup parmesan cheese
200g feta cheese diced small
Handful mint leaves chopped
1 egg whisked
1. Pre heat oven to 180˚c. Grease 2 litre capacity baking dish with butter.
2. Line with pastry.
3. Blanch spinach and strain. Leave to cool.
4. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Cook onion in pan until translucent. Add carrot and garlic and cook for 2 mins, stirring. Place in small bowl to cool.
5. Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add parmesan, feta and chopped mint.
6. Squeeze as much liquid out of spinach as possible.
7. Place spinach and carrot mixture into bowl with eggs etc. stir until combined.
8. Pour mixture into prepared pie dish. Top with pastry. Brush with egg. Cut a small hole in centre of pastry.
9. Bake for 50mins or until centre springs back when pushed.