This apple cake was brought in by one of our lovely Sisters, Sr Michelle, at a recent morning tea. We loved it so much, we had to share the recipe with you!
· 250g butter, melted
· 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
· 1 ½ cups raw sugar
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 2 ½ cups flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp baking soda
· 3 tsp cinnamon
· 1 cup raisins
· ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 150˚c. Grease and line the sides of a 26cm cake pan with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix butter, sugar and eggs. Add apples and stir.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Stir just enough to mix evenly.
4. Spread into the prepared baking pan and bake for 1hr and 20 minutes or until it’s golden brown and bounces back when pressed in the middle.
5. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before turning out of the pan. Dust with icing sugar and serve.