When catering at Rahamim, this lovely quick recipe is one of the most requested of Alicia in the kitchen! She now shares it with our whole community…
3 egg whites
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 ½ cups shredded coconut
1. Pre heat oven to 180˚c. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg whites and both sugars until soft peaks form.
3. Stir through coconut. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes. Roll a bit of the mixture together in your hands. If it seems too dry add another egg white. If it seems too wet add a little more coconut.
4. Roll mixture into approximately 4cm balls and place on baking tray (not too close together). Lightly squish each biscuit with the back of a fork.
5. Bake in oven for 15 minutes on lower shelf. Swap the biscuits around on to top shelf and bake for further 4 minutes.
6. Biscuits are ready when they are a light golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.