A delicious, healthy, vegan-friendly and waste-free version of a favourite snack that lasts for weeks.
1/2 Cup Coconut oil
2/3 Cup (240g) Honey
1/4 Cup (45g) Brown sugar
2 Cups (180g) Rolled oats
1 Cup (75g) Shredded coconut
1 Cup (160g) Almonds, chopped
1/2 Cup mixed pepita and sunflower seeds
1/4 Cup (45g) Chia seeds
1/2 Cup pitted dates, finely chopped
1/2 Cup dried apple
1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180. Place the coconut oil, honey and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until melted and combined.
2. Pour into a large bowl and add the oats, coconut, almonds, pepita seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, dates, apples and cinnamon and mix well to combine
3. Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten the mixture using the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until dark golden. Set aside to cool completely. Let set even further in fridge.
4. Lift the slice from the tin and cut into bars to serve.
5. Store bars in an airtight container for up to a month.