This recipe is a great way to use up sprouting garlic bulbs at this time of year and also keep seasonal colds and flus at bay.
Although it may seem like a lot of garlic to use in one dish, the taste changes during the cooking process from the typical garlic pungency to become a rich, nutty flavour.
3 heads of garlic
3 medium potatoes
1 celery stalk
3 cups vegetable stock (broth)
3 tbsp Greek yogurt or cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
parsley to garnish
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
1. Peel and slice the garlic.
2. In a pan, heat up the oil and butter, add the garlic, and stir for about one minute, so that the garlic can soften a bit.
3. Peel and chop the potatoes and celery, add them to the pan together with the vegetable stock and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Transfer everything to a blender, and blend until smooth.
5. Add one spoonful of soup to the yogurt/cream, mix well, then add a few more spoonfuls until the yogurt/cream is warm.
6. The yogurt can now be added to the soup. Mix well, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!